Pages

Saturday 28 December 2013

Meanwhile in my head, I'm undergoing open-heart surgery. - Anne Sexton.
176"I am violently susceptible to all sorts of separate feelings." - Virginia Woolf, from Selected Letters
297"We weep together
and make a bed for rain." - Frida Kahlo, from The Diary Of Frida Kahlo: An Intimate Self-Portrait
264"…but I know you wanted me to be there.
Every look that you threw told me so." -  Sinéad O’Connor, from Troy
279"My words are the garment of what I shall never be." - W.S. Merwin, from When You Go Away
378"…and you are like the word: Melancholy." - Pablo Neruda, from I Like For You To Be Still
727"I no longer love her, true, 
but perhaps I love her." - Pablo Neruda
…I thought
that pain meant
I was not loved.
It meant I loved.
" - Louise Glück, from First Memory

No comments:

Post a Comment